Saturday, August 5, 2017

July/August Update - Fleet Action 2.0 and Firestorm Strike Force News

Its been a busy month. I haven't remembered to post anything until later in the evenings and then it is too late to get much put together.

Its been a fairly productive month, however. I finished a commission for a client. A Tomb Kings Warrior regiment. For myself I have painted the Dystopian Wars SS Dawn of Souls, the Corsican Incident prison tower, and I am currently about halfway through a set of Trollblood reinforcements: an earthborn dire troll, a trollkin sorcerer, a storm troll, a runeshaper unit and Braylen Wanderheart.

I was so excited to get the warriors regiment sent off I didn't get a full regiment picture taken but I'm pretty happy with how these turned out.


There has also been a lot of information released on Firestorm Armada on the Spartan Forums. It is definitely worth checking out if you have any interest in Armada. Overall, I am very curious about the changes, it definitely appears to be a faster game in 3.0 which I am excited about as it makes it more likely I can get someone to play it! Perhaps my Omnidyne fleet will see some action. Just need to get it painted now!

Spartan released the Dystopian Wars: Fleet Action 2.0 rule set and complete nation statistics. Very excited for this as I really liked the Fleet Action ruleset, particularly with land games. It also steamlines the game enough that my son and I can sit down and play a round without him getting too board which is awesome.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/massive-new-update-for-dystopian-fleet-action-arrives

Spartan has also dropped some information on a new board game they will releasing which is set within the Firestorm Universe, Firestorm: Strikeforce.
http://www.spartangames.co.uk/firestorm-strike-force-qa
This game looks amazing in my opinion. It reminds me a lot of an old game I used to play with my dad called Dogfight.
This was a seriously fun game. I really like how it used the cards to allow you to duel with your opponents.
I am very excited to pick this up to play with my kids. I am going to wait until there are some Relthoza, Aquan or Sorylian sets are out though first as I don't have as much of an interest in the Terrans.

I have a couple of posts backlogged to put up I just don't have the pictures loaded for them. I have a Sorylian Command Helix I still haven't posted pictures of and a proxied Pathogen Firstorm Armada fleet that I would like to get some pictures posted for. So hopefully I will get those pictures taken posted. I intend to post again soon:) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment